- All prints are signed, 1st Edition (of 30) prints
- All prints are fine art printed on German etching, 310gsm Hahnemühle paper
- Certificate of authenticity issued with originals and limited-edition prints (incl. edition no.)
- 420 X 594 mm (UF)
Artist Name: Christopher Ian MacClements
Artist’s Website & Online Store (Originals and Prints): https://www.macclements.com/
Artist’s Instagram- handle: @mac.lemons
Artist’s Behance – profile: Christopher Ian MacClements
About the Artist:
Christopher is a practising architect who, after having completed his architectural studies at the University of Pretoria, spends his days working full-time as an architect and nights pursuing his other creative spheres of influence. Outside of architecture he practises as a multidisciplinary and self-taught artist, graffiti artist, illustrator and creative.
His daily pursuits in architecture, graffiti and the arts have culminated in a multifaceted design approach that draws inspiration from all his respective fields of interest. Each discipline is seen as a string to his bow – each one is therefore as equally instrumental in hitting the mark and finding his voice as a creative and designer.
He is drawn to collaborative, holistic, and rigorous creatives who are not only pushing themselves but pushing their desired field of creative exploration. And, it is just that – creative exploration and collaboration that inspires his creative journey. Categorically he is seen as a creative and architect but is someone who simply tries daily to explore and interpret the inner workings of his mind and others’ minds through the circuitous process of design and collaboration.
Since his move to Cape Town in 2016, he has hosted 3 solo exhibitions comprising of 52 original, hand drawn and framed pieces of artwork, and was invited to participate in a group exhibition where he showcased 4 unframed, abstract geometric artworks;
- Solo: “Late Night Sketch Tales i” (Oct 2018, 22 pc. collection of framed architectural hand sketches) at Ground Art Caffe, de Waterkant, Cape Town
- Solo: “Night Shift” (Nov 2018, 18 pc. collection of framed architectural hand sketches) at Shift Espresso Bar, Waterway House, Cape Town
- Solo: “Late Night Sketch Tales ii” (Oct 2018, 22 pc. collection of framed architectural hand sketches) at Ground Art Caffe, Night
- Solo: “APEX” (March2019, 4 pc. collection of unframed abstract geometric sketches) at Pop Up Place, Observatory, Cape Town
Furthermore, he was recently selected for Design Indaba’s Emerging Creative Class of 2020, and has had his work featured, amongst others, on VISI’s, House & Leisure’s, SA ArtTimes websites, and will form part of a group of young and emerging creative group presented to Old Mutual for Youth Month.
Sponsor: Christopher Ian MacClements
NPO to benefit: Ladles of Love
Contact Person: Christopher
Contact Number: +27 (0)72 939 0668
Email Address: email@example.com
Percentage of sale going back to the artist: 50%